PSBFA’s Barbering Program consists of 1500 hours of training. The objective of this program is to develop knowledge and skills in all areas of Barbering. Training includes background in:
- Communication and Leadership skills. Safe and efficient work practices.
- Demostrating appropriate understand of basic sciences of Anatomy, Bacteriology, Chemistry and Physiology.
- Identify and perform timming/shaping hair (to work with a variety of tools and equipment).
- Identify and perform hairstyles, mustache and beard design as well as demonstrating shaving the face and performing facial treatments.
- Identify and perform permanent wave/reconstruction curl.
- Identify and perform chemical relaxing.
- Identify and apply temporary/semi-permanent and permanent color, lightners and specialty highlighting techniques.
Upon competion of the 1500 hours you will be ready to take the California State Board Exam to obtain your Barbering License. Professional Schools of Beauty, Fashion and Arts also providesh assistance in job placement upon graduation.